Consultant in Acute Medicine, Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Advocacy roles for CHFG
- Speaking at events
- Briefing meetings with external agencies / key stakeholders
- Providing ad hoc advice to other CHFG supporters
- Human factors education & training
- Building high reliability organisations
– Consultant Physician in Acute/General Medicine with accreditation in community medicine.
– Specialist Interest in Quality developing secondary care/ambulatory care by quality improvement in clinical pathways, physiological monitoring, documentation, communication/handover and the development of electronic systems to enable these.
-Expert working group Health Education England- Learning to be Safer
-Coauthor RCP Acute Care toolkit on Sepsis 2014
-Faculty Patient Safety Academy
-Clinical Human Factors Group
-Lead for Sepsis- Wessex Academic Health & Science Network (2014-)
Patient Safety Federation (2015-)
Oxford Academic Health & Science Network (2015-)
-Lead for Deterioration
-Set up/run Acute units at 3 trusts
-Kings Fund, Leading for Quality in 2010-11
-Harkness fellowship 2011-2
-Studied leadership models at the best/worst performing institutions,talent management & prestigious courses of some of the best systems,attended leadership seminar series at both IHI & Harvard
-collaborated with eminent international thought leaders in policy, quality/safety and economics
diagnosing systemic problems in health care
leading on innovating, implementing and measuring solutions. My work in this area on Sepsis, IT systems, Ergonomics, Handovers & Transitions of care and in Deteriorating patients have won national/international recognition in Patient safety and Education/Training.
2014 NIHR ECHO study culminating in 3 peer-reviewed papers
2015 Editorial on Sepsis (SAM journal)
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to get in touch with one of our Advocates.