HFE in Healthcare, Investigation and Education
Our next Open Seminar on is in Aberdeen on the 23rd May 2018.
The seminar will be kindly hosted by Robert Gordon University.
We will have Keynote presentations from Keith Conradi, who will provide an update on the developing work of the Healthcare Safety Investigation Branch (HSIB) and Dr Paul Bowie from NHS Education for Scotland and Craig McIlhenny at NHS Forth Valley Scotland, talking about the new national multi-agency initiative on Human Factors in NHS Scotland.
Breakout session topics include:
- Safety culture assessment tools and why there are still few improvements
- The impact of bullying and discrimination
- Human Factors in Medication Safety
- The Functional Resource Analysis Method and how to develop a model of everyday work
- Bowtie analysis as an approach to the assessment of the risk in healthcare
- Good practice in Human Factors training in the district general hospital
- Pushing back on “the way we do things around here”: What holds us back from integrating HF/E
This one day event will focus on Human Factors in Healthcare and applications in investigation, clinical practice and education.
If you would like to view the programme for this event please go to the Open Seminar Programme
The Speaker’s abstracts can be found by clicking Abstracts
Please click here to register for this event
This is event is kindly hosted by
NB: In order to attend this event, the ticket price represents a donation to CHFG to support our ongoing work and cover event costs. If for any reason you cannot attend please do let us know as there is always a long waiting list but please note that the ticket price is non-refundable. We thank you for your support.