This two-day virtual course is designed for those working in education, patient safety or quality, who want to spread and embed human factors concepts, tools and techniques into existing teaching or everyday work. This material aligns with key focuses of the National Patient Safety Strategy, PSIRF & several domains of the National Patient Safety Syllabus 2.0. This course is equivalent to 12 hours of education.
On this course you will gain a deep and rigorous understanding of human factors in relation to healthcare and patient safety, no prior human factors training is required. This course supports you to then apply this understanding within your organisation. Easy to use teaching tools enable you to start teaching human factors modules straight away.
Content of course:
- Introduction to human factors including SEIPS framework, systems thinking, just culture, psychological safety, performance influencing factors
- human performance modules such as incivility, leadership, communication, assertiveness, situational awareness, stress & wellbeing
- inter-professional education, facilitation & debriefing skills, teaching practice
- Two-day course and full toolkit £950 plus VAT (10% discount for more than one booking)
- Ready to go teaching toolkit e.g. posters and workshop materials. Selected powerpoint module slide sets, pdf posters, videos.
- Downloadable workbook
- Rights for use of course materials within your organisation only, not for commercial use.
- Facilitated by experienced team of doctors, nurses, and educators.
- Email support from Being Human in Healthcare Ltd for six months
- Membership of the Being Human in Healthcare Network
“Very reactive teaching-very skilled facilitators who were able to establish a good group dynamic and involve all group members in discussions” Consultant Obstetrician
“Jess and Jen, your enthusiasm for your subject is infectious and inspiring. I have taken so many ideas from your training that I will put into practice…” Consultant Surgeon
Please email email@example.com to book or for more information
If you would like to book for this event please go to the organiser’s website
We can also deliver this course within your organisation, please contact us to discuss your requirements.