HFE in Healthcare, Investigation and Education
Date: Wednesday 23rd May 2018.
Venue: Robert Gordon University, Sir Ian Wood Building, Garthdee Road, Aberdeen, AB10 7QB, Scotland
We will have Keynote presentations from Keith Conradi, who will provide an update on the developing work of the Healthcare Safety Investigation Branch (HSIB) and Dr Paul Bowie from NHS Education for Scotland and Craig McIlhenny at NHS Forth Valley Scotland, talking about the new national multi-agency initiative on Human Factors in NHS Scotland.
Breakout session topics include:
- Safety culture assessment tools and why there are still few improvements
- The impact of bullying and discrimination
- Human Factors in Medication Safety
- The Functional Resource Analysis Method and how to develop a model of everyday work
- Bowtie analysis as an approach to the assessment of the risk in healthcare
- Good practice in Human Factors training in the district general hospital
- Pushing back on “the way we do things around here”: What holds us back from integrating HF/E
This one day event will focus on Human Factors in Healthcare and applications in investigation, clinical practice and education.
If you would like to view the programme for this event please click here to go to the Open Seminar Programme
The Speaker’s abstracts can be found by clicking Abstracts
REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT HAS NOW CLOSED
This event is kindly hosted by
This event is sponsored by