The 15th annual Patient Safety Congress will continue to raise the bar and support you in your commitment to transform patient safety and standards of care. Join us in 2022 with over 1000 influential national policy makers, patient safety leaders, frontline innovators and patient representatives to address both new and long-standing safety issues. Sessions at the event, with the contribution of patient speakers, have led to changes in medical textbooks and new research being commissioned – attending can literally change practice for you and your colleagues, with the programme curated to ensure you take back actionable ideas and takeaways to improve care in your own organisations.
NEW THEMES FOR 2022
This year, we are pleased to introduce new themes focusing on innovation from the frontline and women’s health. Key topics will include:
• Best practice examples of clinician-led innovation on the frontline
• Patient safety in women’s health: Informed consent, gender bias and medical paternalism vs patient autonomy
• Tech – is it really answer to everything? Find the right balance between digital and staff skills to sustain patient safety
• Covid-19 impact on the system, staff and patients: System recovery, long-covid and tackling the backlog safely
• What does a good investigation look like? Learn about the new Patient Safety Incident Response Framework (PSIRF)
• Normalisation of deviance: Embedding a strong safety culture and identifying and managing unsafe behaviours
• A reality check of human factors issues: Challenges around integrating HF into the system and actionable takeaways to help you achieve this
Martin Bromiley Prof. Chris Frerk will be chairing the Human Factors sessions.
For a full programme and line up go to the organiser’s website